If you live in the Melbourne area, you know what a nuisance it can be to try to deal with birds on your residential or industrial property. Birds can damage your building with their droppings, spread disease to your family, employees, or customers with bird mites and disease-ridden nest materials, and damage your gutters, chimneys, downpipes and more. If they die and get wedged in your gutters, they can be a costly mess to remove, and unsightly gatherings of pigeons, sparrows, and Mynah birds can also be dangerous to your children and pets if they are aggressively guarding their nests.
If birds are present, you may also have other pests gathering that you do not even know about. Instead of suffering the noise, irritation, and potential dangers of a bird infestation on your property, contact UltraFlow Home Solutions today. We have over 28 years of experience in home improvements, and will help you make your home or building bird proof and pest-free for years to come.
Why Bird Proof Your Property?
- Avoid costly damage. Bird droppings contain uric acid, which can damage your property, including your exterior paint and even your vehicles. Their nesting materials can clog your drains and gutters, causing them to warp, overflow, or even collapse completely. By bird proofing your property, you can avoid more expensive repairs down the line and ensure the longevity of your gutters and downspouts.
- Keep your family, employees, and clients safe from disease. Birds help spread diseases such as salmonella, histoplasmosis, and ornithosis through their droppings and nesting materials. They also carry bird mites, which can get into your property through your wall cavities and choose you as their next host. If you bird proof your property, you will not have to worry about any of these serious issues, and will be able to keep the people around you, and yourself, safe from harm.
- Improve the overall appearance of your property. Bird droppings, bird nests, and large gatherings of birds can be unsightly and – if you own a commercial or industrial property – drive your potential clients away. It can also be an expensive, time-consuming job to clean the droppings off your building or to pay someone to do it. Instead of paying the cost time and time again, consider hiring UltraFlow to bird proof your building once. You save money in the long run and do not have to worry about cleaning unsightly messes off your property.
Bird Proofing Methods
There are a variety of bird proofing methods you can use on your property to keep birds and other pests from bothering you. UltraFlow will come to your home for a comprehensive analysis of your needs and provide you with the solution for your problems, which can include some or all of the following:
- Removing all birds and other potential pests from your roof and/or gutters. It is imperative to remove all birds, nesting materials, and other debris before we proceed with any other bird proofing method. We want to ensure that nothing gets trapped inside your bird proofing.
- Gutter guard installation. UltraFlow will install our high-quality, pest-resistant gutter guards on your property. Our guards cannot be chewed or removed by birds, possums, or other pests, and we can cover all access areas – including chimneys and gable ends – to make sure that birds cannot enter your roof via the gutter line.
- Bird spiking as necessary. We can install bird spikes on your eaves, down pipes, gutters, ledges, and other flat surfaces to keep birds from landing and roosting on your property. This provides you with an extra layer of protection against damaging pests and deters them from trying to find a way to access your home.
If we deem other bird proofing methods are needed, we will discuss those with you during your at-home consultation. We want to help you have a bird-free property using methods that fit your budget!
FREE Home Inspection
At UltraFlow, we understand that you want to make sure you are working with experts. That’s why we offer you a FREE at-home inspection, where one of our professional consultants will meet you at your property and discuss your bird proofing needs and budget with you. Once you have chosen your method of bird proofing, one of our fully trained team of installers will complete your project, ensuring your property is bird-free and removing any other visible pests. You will enjoy a clean roofline that is also protected from debris and is fire-resistant!
To learn more about our bird proofing, our general gutter guard services, or to set up your no-obligation home inspection, get in touch with us today. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our products, our procedures, and our prices.